Thursday, July 9, 2009

SPEECH IS SILVER BUT SILENCE IS GOLD

I had heard the above saying in my childhood. I was a talkative person open minded and have done unrepairable harm to myself been talkative. Recently I have started follow the above saying in the afternoon of my life for last 6 months or so since I have left Kathmandu. Here in MCOMS Pokhara in the previous 6 months I had to live in Girls hostel in one single room accommodation on 3rd floor. This room is packed with my packed luggage of 8 years which I had brought with me from Kathmandu. Incidentally for last 10 years I am away from home mostly alone as I have taken up employment very late in my life. Earlier I was a FREE BIRD doing Private Practice in my home town Allahabad in spite of being a Pharmacologist I did not do any teaching except for 41/2 years of my Post graduate period of doing MD {Pharmacology]. I got several offers of jobs in my life but each time I missed the tide. As time and tide wait for none, so when I got the last tide of successes in my life in Late FIFTH decade of my life. I took it and left my sweet home, my children, my loving wife and my father and doomed myself to a lonely life to earn the REAL Money of my life. In 1999 I came to Kathmandu in a Medical college as Assistant Professor in my specialty- PHARMACOLOGY. The [period of 1999 to 2008 was a real up Hill ROAD which I TRAVELED very fast and in OCT 2008 I got this coved HIGH POST of Professor in Pharmacology by the kindness of a very nice lady HOD to who I shall always remain grateful and thankful,
I was almost forced to leave Kathmandu due to circumstances around me or Lord Pashupatinath’s wish. or may be perhaps I relied too much on this word FRIEND. Which I have started HATING now. Or may be due to my talking too much, which also I have stopped.
Silence is maximum in TOWER OF SILANCE, where Zoroshian’s[Parsies] keep their necked DEAD Bodies to be devolved by vultures. There is Tower of Silence in a very posh locality MALABAR HILL in Mumbai and at some more places in India. In tower of silence no one is allowed to go other then Parsies. If a talkative person is circumstanced to maintain silence it is very cruel and criminal to him almost hanging his personality.
But silence is very beneficial as when you are silent YOU ARE CLOSER TO YOUR SELF, and starts communicating with one’s soul. Or starts talking to oneself.
If one talks to oneself one is more honey and open minded and may realize one’s mistakes, and misunderstandings. So now I take THIS GOLD OF SILENCE in my life and left THE SILVER THE SPEECH. I have started feeling that this quality has added to my personality. Now my friends and students listen to me more carefully and take my words as gospel TRUTH.


No comments:

Post a Comment